Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP)
are offered by Zeigler Auto Group
to address several customer requirements, such as pricing and time and mileage levels of protection. Ford Protect ESP ExtraCARE Plans
, covering 113
components, extend mechanical service coverage for New, Used
and Blue Advantage - Gold Certified
vehicles. We suggest you take a few minutes to read about the ExtraCARE
plan, which is detailed in the brochure and on this page. Of course, if you have questions, please don't hesitate to call us today at 269.685.3557
Ford Protect ExtraCARE
Relax and Drive On
Based on your driving needs, you can customize a Ford Protect ExtraCARE Extended Service Plan that's right for you.
Drive On with First-Class ServiceFord Protect ExtraCARE
coverage is 100% Backed by Ford Motor Company.
- Service provided at Ford and Lincoln dealerships in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Ford-authorized parts used for covered repairs
- Factory-trained and certified technicians
Drive On with Valuable BenefitsFord Protect ExtraCARE coverage is there when you need it with 24-hour Roadside Assistance
- Includes tire change, lockout, out-of-fuel and battery jump-start assistance
- Towing Assistance (up to $100 per occurrence)
- Emergency Travel Expense (up to $1,000 within the first 5 days per occurrence)
- Destination Assistance (up to $75)
- Call 1-800-241-3673
Plus, Rental Vehicle Benefits.
- Coverage of $60 a day for up to 10 days for covered repairs
- Purchase an Enhanced Rental Option for coverage of $60 a day for up to 10 days for covered repairs
New Plan Time and Mileage Options
Available within New Vehicle Limited Warranty
(Coverage ends at the earlier of years or mileage)
|Plan Length or Miles Covered||3 Years ||4 Years ||5 Years ||6 Years ||7 Years ||8 Years ||9 Years ||10 Years |
|36,000 Miles||O||X||X||X||X||X||X||X |
|48,000 Miles||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X |
|60,000 Miles||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X |
|75,000 Miles||X||X||X||X||X||X ||X||X |
|100,000 Miles||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X |
|125,000 Miles||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X |
|175,000 Miles||X||X||X||X||X||X ||X||X |
O Not Offered
Used Plan Time and Mileage OptionsAvailable beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Coverage lengths range from 1 year/10,000 miles to 6 years/75,000 miles for 2010 and newer vehicles.
Note: BEV and Hybrid vehicle batteries come with an 8-year/100,000-mile manufacturer warranty and are not covered under any Ford Protect Plan.
Read more on the 100,000 Mile Myth and how a high mileage vehicle isn't always junk.
Drive On with Key Services Option
Key Services is a benefit within your Ford Protect ExtraCARE coverage.* The technology in today's keys/key fobs makes them expensive to replace.
- Your Ford Protect Key Services Option will replace or reprogram your key(s) and/or key fob(s) if they are:
- Damaged and will not work
*Not available for Cab/Chassis and Incomplete plans.
Drive On with Savings
Ford Protect ExtraCARE coverage is an affordable way to limit your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Protects you from the rising cost of future repair bills
- Pay only your deductible, if any, per covered repair visit
- 100% transferable, which may increase your vehicle's resale value (transfer fee applies)
For NEW Ford Protect Plans:
- Coverage begins with the original in-service date (New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date) and zero miles or hours. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time or mileage.
For USED Ford Protect Plans:
Vehicles within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Eligible Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles that have New Vehicle Limited Warranty remaining at the time of purchase—coverage begins at the signature date and current mileage. Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Vehicles outside the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Coverage for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty begins at the signature date and current mileage. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time or mileage.
For Cab and Chassis/Incomplete Vehicles:
- A variety of time/mileage/hour options and deductibles are available:
- For the Incomplete, within 5 years or 100,000 miles or 4,000 hours of the original in-service date.
- for F-650/750, within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Coverage begins with the original in-service date (New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date) and zero miles or hours. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time, mileage or hours.
Why Ford Protect ExtraCARE is Such A Great Value
With a Ford Protect ExtraCARE Extended Service Plan, you are protected from unforeseen covered repairs on your vehicle for up to the earlier of 10 years or 175,000 miles. That's well beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that comes with your vehicle. Now is the time to protect your investment with a Ford Protect ExtraCare Extended Service Plan.
The price for parts and labor to repair many major components can be significant. One repair bill can easily exceed the price of your Ford Protect ExtraCARE coverage. It's clear that this coverage can quickly pay for itself!
- Engine* $7,063
- Steering Gear* $1,961
- Transmission* $7,919
- Instrument Cluster* $689
- AC Evaporator Core* $1,033
*These examples are based on an average estimated U.S. retail cost for a Ford Explorer. Actual repair costs will vary by vehicle and dealer location.
| ||Standard ||Optional |
|New Ford Vehicle Plans ||$100 ||$0, $50, $200, Disappearing |
|Used Ford Vehicle Plans ||$100 ||$50, $200, Disappearing |
*These examples are based on an average estimated U.S. retail repair cost for a Ford Edge. Actual repair costs will vary by vehicle and dealer location.
Exclusions to Coverage
The Ford Protect ExtraCARE Extended Service Plan offers great mechanical service coverage; however, it is important to know what's not covered. Here are some examples:
Generally Covered by Your Auto Insurance: Examples include fixed (non-moving) body parts, bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, side and rearview mirrors (glass and housing), water leaks, wind noise, weather strips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers, convertible top, and bow.
Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements: Items listed in your vehicle's owner guide. Examples include batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual Transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam, and lenses), fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, and scheduled maintenance services.
Other Components and repairs: Fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues, repairs covered by manufacturer recalls, any insurance, or if the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of any warranty, repairs caused by improper or unreasonable use, unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle, and repairs caused by lack of required or recommended maintenance. Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection, or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement. Refer to the contract for details.
- All Internally Lubricated Parts
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Heads
- Diesel Fuel Injectors
- Diesel Injector Lines
- Diesel Injector Pump
- Diesel Lift Pump
- Engine Mounts
- Exhaust (Manifold and Bolts)
- Flywheel Ring Gear
- Fuel Tank and Metal Lines
- Gas Fuel Injectors
- Gas Injector Lines
- Harmonic Balancer and Bolt
- Intake (Manifold and Bolts)
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pump
- Radiator Fan (Clutch or Motor)
- Seals and Gaskets
- Thermostat Housing
- Timing Chain Cover
- Timing Chain (Gears or Belt)
- Turbocharger/Supercharger Unit (Factory-Installed)
- Valve Covers
- Water Pump
- All Internally Lubricated Parts
- Seals and Gaskets
- Torque Converter
- Transfer Case (Including All Internal Parts)
- Transmission Case
- Transmission Module (External)
- Transmission Mounts
- Transmission Vacuum Module
- Electronic Ignition Module
- Fuel Pump
- Heated Backglass (Electrical Only—Not Glass Damage or Breakage)
- Ignition Switch
- Radiator Fan Relay
- Speedometer/Odometer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Starter Motor
- Starter Motor Solenoid
- Switches (Manually Operated, Electrical)
- Voltage Regulator
- Wiper Motors
- Wiring Harnesses (Excluding Spark Plug Wires)
- Anti-Lock Brake Module and Sensor
- Backing Plates
- Brake Booster (Power)
- Combination Valve
- ETA Pump Hose Assembly
- Master Cylinder
- Metal Lines and Fittings
- Parking Brake Linkage and Cables
- Retainers and Clips
- Shaft (Brake Pedal)
- Wheel Cylinders
- Ball Joints (Upper and Lower)
- Control Arms (Upper and Lower)
- Control Arm Shafts and Bushings
- Linkage and Bushings
- Spindle and Spindle Supports
- Stabilizer Bar
- Tie Rods
- Axle Shafts
- Rear: Drive Axle Housing and Front Axle Housing for 4x4 (Including All Internal Parts)
- Front: Final Drive Housing and Rear Axle Housing for AWD (Including All Internal Parts)
- Locking Rings (Four-Wheel Drive)
- Seals and Gaskets
- Universal and Constant Velocity Joints
- Viscous Coupler/Flexible Coupler
- Column Lock (Tilt Wheel)
- Control Valve
- Cooler and Metal Lines
- Idler Arm
- Power Steering Pump/Electric Power Steering Actuator
- Pulley Assembly
- Seals and Gaskets
- Steering Gear Housing, Manual and Power (Including All Internal Parts)
- Underbody Linkages and Couplings
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING
- A/C Accumulator
- A/C Clutch
- A/C Clutch Bearings
- A/C Compressor
- A/C Compressor Clutch Switch
- A/C Compressor Head
- A/C Compressor Seals
- A/C Condenser
- Auto Temp Control
- Field Coil
- Heater Blower Motor
- Heater Control Assembly
- Heater Core Assembly
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Air Suspension (Selected Electronic Components)
- Instrument Cluster, Electronic (Excluding Dash Pad, Clock, Audio and Visual Equipment)
- Keyless Entry System (Excluding Door Handles)
- Power Antenna
- Power Door Locks and Retainer Clips (Excluding Door Handles)
- Power Seat Motors
- Power Window Motors/Regulators
- SecuriCodeTM Keyless Entry
- Speed Control
0% APR interest-free Installment Payment Plan with flexible payment options is available when the extended service plan is not included in the vehicle financing. Everyone qualifies, making it the smart choice.
This brochure is intended to provide general information about an ExtraCARE Extended Service Plan offered by Ford Protect. It was printed for the October 2023 plan year. Prices and plan details may have changed after the brochure was printed. Plan availability, benefits, coverage and provider may vary by state. Please refer to your plan's service contract for the actual terms and conditions.
In Florida, Ford Protect on Ford vehicles is a Service Contract from Ford Motor Service Company (License #42722).
In Texas, Ford Protect is a Service Contract from Ford Motor Service Company (License #SCP-165).
Click Ford Protect Extended Service Plans to learn more about these plans today.