At Zeigler Auto Group, we make Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) available to address quite a few customer needs, including levels of protection details and prices. We encourage you to spend a few moments to reading about the Ford Protect PowertrainCARE ESP Plan, which is detailed in the brochure and article below. Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call us today at 269.685.3557. Ford Protect Protect PowertrainCARE covers 29 major engine, transmission and front/rear drive axle components of New and Used vehicles.
Check out our article on Seven Reasons Why Ford Protect ESPs Are Worth Buying.
Drive On with First-Class Service
Ford Protect PowertrainCARE coverage is 100% backed by Ford Motor Company.
- Service provided at Ford and Lincoln dealerships in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Ford-authorized parts used for covered repairs
- Factory-trained and certified technicians
Drive On with Valuable Benefits
Ford Protect PowertrainCARE coverage is there when you need it with 24-hour Roadside Assistance.
- Includes tire change, lockout, out-of-fuel and battery jump-start assistance
- Towing Assistance (up to $100 per occurrence)
- Emergency Travel Expense (up to $1,000 within the first 5 days per occurrence)
- Destination Assistance (up to $75)
- Call 1.800.241.3673
Plus, Rental Vehicle Benefits.
- Standard coverage includes $35 a day for up to 10 days for covered repairs
Drive On with Key Services
Key Services is a benefit within your Ford Protect PowertrainCARE coverage.* The technology in today’s keys/key fobs make it expensive to replace.
- Your Ford Protect Key Services Option will replace or reprogram your key(s) and/or fob(s) if they are:
- Damaged and will not work
*Not available for Cab/Chassis and Incomplete plans.
Ford Protect PowertrainCARE
Drive On with Savings
Ford Protect PowertrainCARE coverage is an affordable way to limit your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Protects you from the rising cost of future repair bills
- Pay only your deductible, if any, per covered repair visit
- 100% transferable, which may increase your vehicle's resale value (transfer fee applies)
For New Ford Protect Plans
- Coverage begins with the original in-service date (New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date) and zero miles or hours. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time or mileage
For Used Ford Protect Plans
Vehicles within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Eligible Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles that have New Vehicle Limited Warranty remaining at the time of purchase -- coverage begins at the signature date and current mileage. Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Vehicles outside the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Coverage for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty begins at the signature date and current mileage. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time or mileage
For Cab and Chassis/Incomplete Vehicles:
- A variety of unique time/mileage/hour options and deductibles are available:
- For Incomplete: within 5 years, 100,000 miles or 4,000 hours of the original in-service date
- For F-650/750: within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Coverage begins with the original in-service date (New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date) and zero miles or hours. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time, mileage or hours.
Why Ford Protect PowertrainCARE Is Such A Great Value
With a Ford Protect PowertrainCARE Extended Service Plan, you are protected from unforeseen covered repairs on your vehicle for up to the earlier of 10 years or 175,000 miles. That's well beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that comes with your vehicle. Now is the time to protect your investment with a Ford Protect PowertrainCARE Extended Service Plan.
The price for parts and labor to repair the major components can be significant. One repair bill can easily exceed the price of your Ford Protect PowertrainCARE coverage. It's clear that this coverage can quickly pay for itself!
- Engine $6,996*
- Transmission* $4,653
* These examples are based on an average estimated U.S. retail repair cost for a Ford Edge. Actual repair costs will vary by vehicle and dealer location.
| ||Standard ||Optional |
|New Ford Vehicle Plans ||$100 ||$0, $50, $200, Disappearing |
|Used Ford Vehicle Plans ||$100 ||$50, $200, Disappearing |
Exclusions to Coverage
The Ford Protect PowertrainCARE Extended Service Plan Offers affordable mechanical coverage for your vehicle; however, it is important to know what is not covered. Here are some examples:
Generally Covered by Your Auto Insurance: Examples include fixed (non-moving) body parts, bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, side and rearview mirrors (glass and housing), water leaks, wind noise, weather strips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers, convertible top, and bow.
Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements: Items listed in your vehicle's owner guide. Examples include batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam, and lenses), fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, and scheduled maintenance services.
Other Components and repairs: Fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic items, repairs covered by manufacturer recalls, any insurance, or if the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of any warranty, repairs caused by improper or unreasonable use, unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle, and repairs caused by lack of required or recommended maintenance. Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection, or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement. Refer to the contract for details.
Covers 29 Components
- All Internally Lubricated Parts
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Heads
- Exhaust (Manifold and Bolts)
- Intake (Manifold and Bolts)
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pump
- Seals and Gaskets
- Thermostat Housing
- Timing Chain Cover
- Timing Chain (Gears or Belt)
- Turbocharger/Supercharger Unit (Factory-Installed)
- Valve Covers
- Water Pump
- All Internally Lubricated Parts
- Seals and Gaskets
- Torque Converter
- Transfer Case (Including All Internal Parts)
- Transmission Case
- Axle Shafts
- Rear: Drive Axle Housing and Front Axle Housing for 4x4 (Including All Internal Parts)
- Front: Final Drive Housing and Rear Axle Housing for AWD (Including All Internal Parts)
- Locking Rings (Four-Wheel Drive)
- Seals and Gaskets
- Universal and Constant Velocity Joints
- Viscous Coupler/Flexible Coupler
New Time and Mileage Options
Available within New Vehicle Limited Warranty
(Coverage ends at the earlier of years or mileage.)
|Plan Length or|
|3 Years||4 Years||5 Years||6 Years||7 Years||8 Years||9 Years||10 Years|
|36,000 Miles ||O ||O ||O ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|48,000 Miles ||O ||O ||O ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|60,000 Miles ||O ||O ||O ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|75,000 Miles ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|100,000 Miles ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|125,000 Miles ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|150,000 Miles ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
|175,000 Miles ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X||X||X |
O Not Offered
Used Plan Time and Mileage Options
Available beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Coverage lengths range from 6 months/6,000 miles to 6 years/75,000 miles for Model Year 2009 and newer vehicles.
Note: BEV and Hybrid vehicle batteries come with an 8-year/100,000-mile manufacturer warranty and is not covered under any Ford Protect Plan.
The Installment Payment Plan with 0% APR interest-free and flexible payment options is available when the extended service plan is not included in the vehicle financing. Everyone qualifies, making it the smart choice.
This brochure is intended to provide general information about a PowertrainCARE Extended Service Plan offered by Ford Protect. It was printed for the October 2023 plan year. Prices and plan details may have changed after the brochure was printed. Plan availability, benefits, coverage and provider may vary by state. Please refer to your plan's service contract for the actual terms and conditions, including a list of covered repairs.
In Florida, Ford Protect on Ford vehicles is a Service Contract from Ford Motor Service Company (License #22-38-3364381).
In Texas, Ford Protect is a Service Contract from Ford Motor Service Company (License #SCP-165).
To learn more about our full range of PowertrainCARE plans, click Ford Protect Extended Service Plans today.